Move over Drumstick waffle cones and ice cream sandwiches, there are new frozen novelties in town, and they’re homemade! This summer, try your hand at frozen food snacks perfect for cooling down after Mother Nature has warmed you up. You’ll be making these creative treats all summer long!
- Blueberry Yogurt Bites: Stick a toothpick into a fresh blueberry and then dip blueberry into your favorite flavor of yogurt. Place blueberry (without toothpick) on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with as many blueberries that you want to freeze. Place baking sheet in the freezer for 1 hour. Place frozen blueberry yogurt bites into baggies.
- Coffee Cubes: If you make too much coffee don’t throw it away! Pour leftover coffee into ice cube trays and use for iced coffee—a summertime favorite. The best part: your coffee will not get watered down.
- Mango Cubes: Peel mangoes and cut into small cubes. Place cubes on a baking tray and freeze. Once frozen, store frozen cubes in baggies.
- Orange Wedges: Peel oranges and segment. Place segments on a baking tray and freeze. Once frozen, store frozen orange segments in baggies.
- Melon Cubes. Peel and cut cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon into small cubes. Place cubes on a baking tray and freeze. Once frozen, store frozen cubes in baggies.
In addition to the above frozen food ideas, you can get creative in the kitchen and come up with new treats to beat the heat.